Monday, July 23, 2012

Swing Arm Lamps

Photo from House of Turquoise
Designed by Allison Caccoma of Caccoma Interiors
Litchfield Sconce from Hudson Valley Lighting

Library sconce from House of Troy Lighting

I have had an unusually large request for swing arm lamps in the last few weeks and I wanted to share a few of my favorites. I love the pole that allows you to adjust the height of these two fixtures, this traditional style is ideal for a bedside lamp. I don't know about you but my nightstand does not have much room for a table lamp, I usually have stacks of books, Chap Stick, water, an alarm clock and jewelry taking up every last inch of space on the surface, I much prefer to have the light mounted to the wall. This one is perfect because you can bring the light to the right height, and swing it over to give you light exactly where you need it. These lights even have 3-way switches and you can add a dimmer so you don't have to disturb whoever is trying to sleep next to you. Then when you are finished with the lamp you can fold it up right against the wall totally out of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment