Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mercer Suspension

Photo from Desire to Inspire







Photo from David Woolley Photography



I saw photos this photo on Desire to Inspire today from David Woolley's portfolio. I was drawn to this dining area for a number of reasons. First I have had the Tech Mercer Suspension pendant on my mind lately because I have recently used this in a clients home. Second, I like the mounting in David Woolley's picture, how instead of mounting the canopies to the slopped ceiling a piece of wood or some other type of material was cut so the canopies would not be mounted on the slope. It's a common thing to do, but I haven't seen a good picture that shows this type of mounting for a while. Third, I love how the pendants are hung so close together that it almost looks like one fixture. And last I like that they used the rectangle rather than the traditional drum, I love the drums, don't get me wrong but it's refreshing to see a different shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment