Tuesday, May 4, 2010

HGTV an ahhhh, inspiring moment



Photos from Decor to Adore
Designer is Candice Olson


I am dazzled by these rooms, Candice Olson from HGTV designed these and made them so beautiful. Her work is incredible she does sketches of the rooms before she decorates and is a very talented artist.
I realize I have a theme lately with crystal chandeliers, but I am convinced this is one of the easiest ways to add some glamour to any room. The chandeliers in both these rooms are small and do not give much light, but they do not need to they are more of a design element than a functional element. The Can ligating in both of these spaces give a good general lighting and then the chandelier, the sconces and the under cabinet lights add level lighting, so you can create different moods with light levels. Level lighting is great to have for entertaining purposes, my guess is the cans and the chandeliers are on dimmers so you can create any light mood you want.

Find similar chandeliers here
Find similar sconces here
Find under cabinet lighting here

1 comment:

  1. Oh freak yeah! Candice Olsen does the prettiest rooms! I LOVE this!!

    By the way....I need serious help! Do you guys have any lights that would work in my kitchen??

    ReplyDelete