Friday, May 31, 2013

Felt Lighting 100 Years Ago

Felt Lighting Showroom
Charles Lamont Felt & two employee's  
Early 1920's
*I would give anything to go back in time and rummage through those drawers!


Early 1920's Advertisement



Felt Lighting 1220 East 3300 South
Salt Lake city, Utah
Picture taken by the talented Trevor Muhler
of Trevor Muhler Photography


Felt Lighting Showroom @ 1220 East 3300 South
Picture taken by the talented Trevor Muhler
of Trevor Muhler Photography
 
Felt Lighting was established in 1906, 107 years ago, we are a still a family owned and operated business. I am 4th generation family member to be working at this store, I feel extremely lucky to work at a place with such a rich heritage. The first picture in this post was taken in the early 1920's and the man in the middle is my Great- Grandfather, Charles Lamont Felt. I recently stumbled upon these two old pictures and was overcome with gratitude towards my ancestors for setting up a business that has had the staying power to last in this great community and provide me with a job, one I really enjoy! I had these new pictures taken last summer by my friend, the very talented Trevor Muhler, of Trevor Muhler Photography. I love the way the showroom glows as the sun is going down in the evening.   
I am amazed at how the store has changed in the last century. We, the Felt family, owe it all to the great customers who have been willing to shop local and support us through the last 107-years. Thank you! We really appreciate your business! We hope to stick around and serve you for another 100 years, at least!    

No comments:

Post a Comment